« Home | Next: The Apple And The Tree »
| Next: Our Descendant »
| Next: The Princess Room »
| Next: And Another One Gone »
| Next: So Much Better »
| Next: A Visit To The ER »
| Next: Oma's Birthday »
| Next: K-9 »
| Next: A Hard Nut To Crack »
| Next: Another One Bit The Dust »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Scare

Date of occurrence:
October 6, 2017.

It is time to wake Kc up. I walk down the hall and open his door. It takes me a second to realize he is sitting on his bed and, except for his shoes and belt, he is almost finished dressing.

Kc sits there, staring at me with his eyes wide open, and doesn't move.
Me: "Well, good morning, little man. Look at you. You are already dressed."

Kc gasps and grabs his chest: "Geez, you scared the ...... (looking for words)"
Me: "I scared the heebie jeebies out of you? Oh, honey, I am so sorry."
Kc, still gasping for air: "Yeah. You scared the freaking c**p out of me!"
Me: "I am truly sorry. I sure didn't mean to. BTW, let's not say that last word, okay?"
Kc: "Okay, but you really, really scared me."
Me: "I bet you are wide awake now, huh?"
Kc: "Oh yeah!"

I tell him to finish and walk back to the office where I tell Opa what just transpired.
Opa: "Poor, little guy."
The 'poor, little guy' collected himself in the mean time and comes walking in.
Opa: "You sure are awake now, aren't you?"
Kc: "Yup."

I can't help but laugh and tell him I took revenge on him for scaring me all those times when he comes out of his bedroom without me hearing or expecting it.

Kc: "You didn't need to do that."
Me: "I was just teasing. I really didn't mean to frighten you."
Kc: "I know."

We go on with the day, but I anticipate he won't give me another heart-jumping-out-of-my-chest scare anymore.

Now he knows what that's like! Grin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022