« Home | Next: Family Visits »
| Next: Happy Easter! »
| Next: A Good Job »
| Next: Time Flies »
| Next: Dinosaur Gonna Get Me »
| Next: I Want That Car! »
| Next: Electrifying »
| Next: Kc Is Back! »
| Next: In Need of A Bath »
| Next: The Party »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Monday, April 25, 2011

Live and Learn

Date of occurrence:
February 20, 2011.

Both boys are staying with us for a couple of days and since the weather is nice, they play in the yard under Oma's supervision. Just by observing them play together I can make out the stark contrast in both boys disposition and it shows even more clearly hearing the conversation that goes with it.

The boys dragged their plastic truck on to the patio and Leo had taken his turn behind the wheel. An old set of unused, invalid keys which we had put on a key chain function as the keys to 'start' the car. Kc had designated one especially for that purpose and Leo has no clue which one that would be or where to put it to fictively crank the truck.

He tries and tries and the keys keep falling down. Kc is more then eager to show him, but Leo refuses;
Kc: "Leo, need help"?
Leo: "NO!"
Kc: "Let me show you".
Leo: " NOoooo"!

After several more tries.....
Leo: " Oma, help me".
Oma: " I can't, because I don't know which key it is and where it goes. Let Kc show you".
Leo: "No. You help me"!
Oma: " Honey, I don't know, but Kc does. Let him show you".
Leo: "NO"!
Oma: "Okay, then you will have to figure it out by yourself".

Kc looks at me, while Leo is trying to get the keys in place. I shrug, indicating we just wait and let him mess around with the keys, until he either does or is ready for his brother's help. After a few more minutes of trying and getting more and more aggravated, the little guy finally accepts he is getting no where on his own.

Leo: "Kc? Help me"???
Of course he will; he jumps up and shows his little brother which key to stick where and how and the problem is quickly solved.

I guess it's a matter of live and learn, huh?! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022