« Home | Next: Crunch And Munch »
| Next: What A Beautiful Day »
| Next: Pleasing To The Taste-Buds »
| Next: Oma Loves Flowers! »
| Next: No Problem! »
| Next: The Dream Team »
| Next: Little Curtain Climbers »
| Next: Wore Out And Filled Up »
| Next: All Done »
| Next: The Gift Of Giving »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Conversation

Date of occurrence:
January 27, 2009.
Lil' Kc is almost 2 years old.

Listening to our oldest grandson I am not sure what to expect. He is making lots and lots of sounds these days. Even though most of it still is jibberish, he can say several words which are considered to be good English.

It is obvious, that he is trying to communicate. The other day, he was sitting in my lap, facing me and talking his little head off. Each time he would say something which could be considered to be a few sentences in his own language. He then would wait and look up at me. I could tell that he was waiting for a reaction and he got it.

Judging by the serious look on his face, I got in to it and asked him what happened then, or what he did or had said. This carried on for a bit, until he was done relating his story. I got a big grin for listening and we went on to other fun stuff.

I felt honored and grateful that he came to me and told me whatever it was that he needed to get off his chest. Even if we don't quite yet understand him, both Opa and Oma will always be there, lending a listening ear and trying to give good advice.

One day, we will fully understand each other. Bring it on, little man!

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Yeah! Bring it on, young man =)

20/8/09 11:47 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I miss those conversations, sigh. :-)

God's Grace.

21/8/09 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022