« Home | Next: Practice Makes Perfect »
| Next: Easter Recipe Search Made Simple »
| Next: Out Of The Blue »
| Next: Musician In The Making »
| Next: A Change For The Positive »
| Next: Too Many Cooks? »
| Next: Moving Again »
| Next: Fighting The Hand Of Time »
| Next: No Trick Or Treat »
| Next: It Is A Hit! »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Monday, March 22, 2010

A Need For Both

Date of occurrence:
November 26, 2009.
Kc is 2 years and almost 10 months old.

After not having seen the grandchildren for over 5 months, I noticed a difference in little Kc. Where he would hold entire 'conversations' over the toy phone and with me, he is rather silent and inward.

He studies his environment and watches people, but keeps a distance. It is almost as if he is waiting to see what is going to happen next and expecting it as well.

I simply picked back up where we had left off: sing the same songs and do the same things we used to do. He recognizes all those things because it shows in his eyes and the faint smile on his face. I suspect he is just a little insecure.

Finally, after a few days he is becoming his own little, admirable self again. He fills the air with his laughter and his own, even though still not quite understandable, language.

It is good to see he is comfortable and feels at home. He sure loves having the attention all to himself while his brother is napping and enjoys climbing on my lap or sitting next to me. He likes to cuddle and for me to hold him close.

I do too and savor every moment of it.
I guess it is needed for both this little guy and his Oma! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022