« Home | Next: Name Your Price »
| Next: Sad News »
| Next: Some Helpful Ideas to Use Recycled Gift Baskets »
| Next: An Early Start »
| Next: A Change For The Better »
| Next: Santa's List »
| Next: May: National Mobility Awareness Month »
| Next: Practicing Patience »
| Next: A Taste Of Italy »
| Next: Hoping For The Best »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Powwow

Date of occurrence:
December 23, 2011.

The grandchildren are back and are all staying over at our house. We are so glad to have them around again. We sure missed those little critters and are trying to spend as much time with them as we can, before they have to go to Kansas.

Today, Emmaly was up early, but she wasn't quite awake yet when she entered our office.

She didn't want to go back to bed and even the couch was not appealing to her and in spite of all our suggestions, she decided to make a little bed on the office floor instead.

After having gotten a blanket, she asked me for a powwow. Normally, I can figure out rather quickly what the kids are referring to, but this time I had absolutely no clue what she meant.

I learned that the best way of finding out is having them show me if and when possible and therefore I asked her to do so.

She got up and with me hot on her heels she went into the living room and pointed at the powwow. Looking at it, it all made sense. We took the powwow and set her up all comfy and cozy in her improvised little bed.

I still don't understand why I had such a hard time associating a powwow with a pillow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022