« Home | Next: Pulling It Off »
| Next: Changing Ways »
| Next: Tomato, Motato »
| Next: Nature's Provisions »
| Next: There They Are! »
| Next: Realty Reality »
| Next: On Their Way »
| Next: A Sweet Deal »
| Next: Are You Serious? »
| Next: An Early Christmas »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good Catch

Date of occurrence:
July 2, 2012.

It may not seem like there is much difference from the time our grandchildren left until the time they got back, but looks can be deceiving. Sure, they grew a little taller which is obvious right of the bat, but their growth in knowledge doesn't show through until you have a 'deeper' conversation with them.

It became apparent that Kc had been paying close attention at school. His keychain had a lot of keys on it and when I asked him how many he had now, he flawlessly counted all of them and concluded he had 12.

Wow, I was impressed, but I was about to be astonished when at one point he rubbed his cheek and told me that it was not good to put your thumb against your cheek, because germs could get into your mouth and make you sick. Yup, he got that from his teacher and had made due note of it.

I pointed out to him that biting nails, which he tends to do, would have the same effect. He pondered on that for a little bit and grasped the concept, because a little later one of his fingers automatically went to his mouth. He became aware of it and said: "Oops, I almost bit my nail".

Good catch! I hope he keeps it up, because we don't want to count all those germs!

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

HeHe! I'll eat your share of Krispy Kreme doughnuts when the first outlet is opened in Singapore next year :D I'll gain all the weight too! HaHa!

Hopefully, a new outlet will be opened in your area again soon, Lieve Zus :)

7/10/12 5:26 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I will enjoy vicariously, but you can keep the weight gain. Grin.

We still have several places where we can buy those delicious, fresh, warm doughnuts. I am just glad they are not that close, because I would be a roly-poly by now, hehe.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

8/10/12 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022