« Home | Next: No, It's Not »
| Next: Not There »
| Next: Being Bugged »
| Next: Opa Fixed It »
| Next: The End »
| Next: Got To Go Right Now »
| Next: The Appetite Shut-Down »
| Next: Last Day Camp »
| Next: Riding His Bike »
| Next: I Heart You »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Thursday, July 13, 2017

Oh, Yuck

Date of occurrence:
June 22, 2017.

Emmaly and Isabella are with us the entire week. They get here early in the morning and go back home around 5:30 in the afternoon. That means we furnish breakfast, lunch, and supper for both.

I don't have a problem with that at all. Or rather, I did not have a problem with it at all until this week. Bell is hard to please where the meals are concerned. The only time she ate all her food was when I served mac & cheese.

The other days she reluctantly takes a few bites and either claims she doesn't like it, or her tummy is full. Emmaly on the other hand devours it all and tells me it is 'sooo good'.

Today we are having an easy meal; I make chicken salad on bread. While I am in the kitchen making the sandwiches, Bell comes in.

She looks at the chicken salad and asks: "Are those eggs in there?"
Me: "Yes."
Bell: "Oh, yuck."
Me, a little frustrated: "Gee Bell, there is yummy stuff in there too. You may like it."
She looks at me with a slightly disgusted face and walks out of the kitchen.

Supper time comes around and I serve the sandwiches. Bell takes one and examines it up close. She decides to take a small bite. Then she takes another one and another one. Before I know it, she is munching on her third sandwich.

I suppose it wasn't that 'oh, yuck' after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022