« Home | Next: Jiggling And Wiggling »
| Next: A Tough Choice »
| Next: An Unexpected Ending »
| Next: Spreading Cheer And Joy »
| Next: It's Not Nobody »
| Next: A Safe Investment »
| Next: A Colorful Creation »
| Next: Not My Friend »
| Next: My Friend »
| Next: Wrapped Around A Little Finger »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Keeping It Dry

Date of occurrence:
July 18, 2012.

Our granddaughter is still in diapers, although she is close to her third birthday. I had been wondering if I should try potty-training her while she is here, but honestly, I didn't want to waste the precious little time we had on that daunting task.

I am starting to recognize the signs though when she has to go. This morning, she accompanied me while I was making the beds, when all of a sudden she told me her booty hurt. I knew what that meant: she had to do a no. 2 and I asked her if she wanted to try going on the potty.

She got all excited, ran to the bathroom and before I knew it, was already taking off her diaper. After sitting down, she had no problem whatsoever doing her duty.

She was so tickled when I praised her profusely and told her how proud I was of her. She even didn't want to wear a diaper anymore.

Okay, we were going to see how it went and it went beyond expectation, because a few seconds later she had to meet with Mr. Potty again for a no. 1 this time.

After telling her what a big girl she is, she walks into the living room, stops in front of her brothers and proudly announces: "Hey, guys. I peed on the potty!"

She had more reason to be proud; she kept it dry all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022