« Home | Next: Tough Post »
| Next: The Girlfriend »
| Next: A First Look »
| Next: Meeting The Teacher »
| Next: Leaving Again »
| Next: The Camp Out »
| Next: Play-Time »
| Next: The Great Dream »
| Next: The Joke »
| Next: A New Grand Baby »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Sunday, June 7, 2015

Picture Perfect

Date of occurrence:
August 19, 2014.

Tomorrow is picture day at school and while on the way back home from school, Kc is telling us that he is looking forward to it. He decides to wash his face and brush his teeth extra well tomorrow morning.

He wonders if we ought to put some gel in his hair too. Sure, we can do that although his short hair-cut does not require anything to keep it in place.

Slowly but surely evening approaches and it is time for him to take a bath or a shower. Upon my question which one it is going to be, he hesitates.

I know he is not always looking forward to it, but it is one of those necessities he can't get around. I anticipate some resistance and here it comes.

Kc: "Do I really have to take a bath or shower?"
Me: "Yes, you know that. Don't you want to look nice and clean in your school pictures tomorrow?"
Mr. Smarty-pants replies: "Yes I do, but it is only my face that goes in the picture."

He gives me a sly look and closely observes my reaction to that undeniable fact. I laugh and tell him that is still no reason to forego getting cleaned up. With a sigh he settles on taking a shower, because he knows there is no way to escape it.

Yup, he got the picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022