« Home | Next: Double, Double Toil And Trouble »
| Next: Happy Independence Day »
| Next: Our Champion »
| Next: The Happy Trio »
| Next: A Great Hair Day »
| Next: Inside Adventure »
| Next: Back-Packing »
| Next: I Find You! »
| Next: The Girls »
| Next: Little Lily »

Grand Info

Grand Help

Grand Links

Recent

Archives




Site Feed: RSS
Powered by Blogger
Blog Directory


Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Taste Test

Date of occurrence:
July 9, 2016.

The boys are going to a large outdoor store with aunt A. to take part in their family summer camp activities. Emmaly is not allowed to go, since she got in so much trouble last week, but I got plans to keep her busy.

After the boys have left, she is building cakes and pies with her Duplo and shows them to us. I tell her I think it would be good to make some real desserts and if she likes, she can help me. Emmaly is all up for that.

We first make a cheese cake pie and Emmaly is thrilled to put the blueberry topping in a bowl.

She is pleasantly surprised when I tell her to lick the spoon after she is finished.

She has no objections whatsoever and cleans the spoon thoroughly.

Since she is doing such a great job, I give her the spatula I used to smoothen out the cheesecake filling and let her work her magic on that as well.

After preparing the pie, we move on to cutting up a watermelon. I cut it in pieces and Emmaly puts them in a bowl. We eat several pieces while completing our task. Emmaly sneaks in a few more and looks at me while doing so.

I smile at her and tell her it is okay; we got plenty. That does not fall on deaf ears and she eats a piece or two each time she puts them in the bowl. Her eyes are gleaming and I am thankful she is having a good time.

The watermelon is not. Emmaly must have eaten about a fifth of it all together by the time we are done, and with good reason.

Good cooks have to put their food through a diligent taste test!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2008 - 2022